Monday, March 14, 2005

CALL BACK!!!

I get the call from Kent that I am going to be seen again. I have now read a couple more of the sides and I'm loving what I read. This character is a flower child single handedly raising a love child. Well, attempting to. They are easily confused for siblings. She had him young, lost her husband too soon, and still wears her tie-dye. I know this person. She is half of my mother's friends. A part of me is this person. I want this.

I walk into waiting and there she is, one of the actresses I often find myself in waiting rooms with, carrying the same sides. She is a force. We've been in a couple of workshops together and this is a lady I really respect. A true professional and a real artist. We're both there for "Annie". Her presence alone raises the bar.

There is going to be a wait on this one. I go in twice. First up, I'm in with the two other ladies going for "Brenda" and "Judith". The scene goes just beautifully and I have a real advantage teaming up with the ladies I've gone in with. Our chemistry is good and timing is on. It felt like an organic exchange.

Back into waiting and Tarik Heitman, Heitman Entertainment, Producer, comes out, all benevolence and enthusiasm, and asks me a couple questions. Most notably if I am willing to dye my hair.

No brainer there.

Back in with Joey, aka Michael O'Laskey, former "Young Rocky" of the Power Rangers, as well as "Colt" from Three Ninjas who is cast as "McClain Evans". There is some friendly banter going on and Joey leans over to whisper in my ear "I'm not like this is real life". We are doing a scene where mother and son are walking down the street later in the plot. At the end of the scene there is some friendly teasing. Joey and I are already basically fooling around with it, so I push him by the shoulder out of the frame. He is definitely amused by that physicalization and we giggle at each other. I'm thanked, given a run-down on who's already attached, Keith David, Louis Mandylor, and I can see the carrot dangling in front of me. I want this.

My colleague, the earlier mentioned actress, and I walk to our cars together. Losing parts to her is never hard, she's so good. But I want this one... did I mention?

No comments: