Saturday, September 13, 2008

a letter from the tundra

12/2/07 4:32am
Hello Sensei Team,

I am in Anchorage, Alaska. I showed the film tonight for World AIDS
Day here (for what I thought would be a small group of people), and my
hosts were able, a few days ago, to put an advertisement of my film
onthe website of the Anchorage Intl' Film Festival that is going on
simultaneously right now--so we were able to piggy back on top of this
film festival.

I am happy to report, it was a packed house at a movie theater that
sits 120 people (over 111 people)--very mixed and diverse crowd
(straight, gay, Christian, Jewish, martial artists, White, Black,
Asian, Hispanic--huge spectrum).

They laughed,cried, cheered,yelled out loud during the fights scene
and clapped, laughed and cried some more and when the film was
done...they gave the film a standing ovation!!! They loved our
actors, they loved the production and said a huge "Thank You for
making the film"--they loved you guys!


Diana

No comments: