Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 2

DAY 2 – kill time as I get there early and they’re a little behind. Shooting at “Annie’s” house – which is a trailer. Somehow I knew that. Using a back bedroom for makeup and I know two of cheerleaders on the Broncos poster hanging on the wall. First driving a mammoth car as Annie and McClain come home from church. White shirt and, wait for it, tie-dyed skirt Meera brought back from Cashmere, India. I cannot line the damn boat up for the first two takes. Stunt driving NOT on my resume damn it.
Hearing Liz’s history in between set-ups. HOT as hell. Next we’re in our bathrobes getting ready for church. Then close up on me pleading with Mic to let me in his room. Don’t realize that he’s going to slam the hell out of it from his side when we pick it up inside the room a day or two later, but wouldn’t matter. The door is paper and I have to hold it shut while I’m knocking on it, pleading him to let me in. The trailer is beginning to feel like a cave. Liz shows me pictures on her cell phone. Vanessa is hot. Joey and Liz are joking. Alan is melting. Mark Rutledge, DP, may be the sweetest man alive.
Next doing Joey’s least favorite scene – the “Ah revenge” scene outside at sunset. Says it gives him a toothache. Sunset is spotty with rain clouds but amber. Keep getting traffic. Mitch calling to interns – “it’s killing us”. Then suddenly four cops come screaming in. “just give them the paper” I’m saying aside to Joey, thinking they’ve sent their entire inventory of squad cars to check on the permit. Come to find that there’s a domestic disturbance in the house right up the street – amazing! Bizarre – beating your wife with a film crew out your window and half the neighborhood watching off camera. Then it rains… just before we can get Joey’s close-ups.

Stay in Sterling that night for Liz’s birthday party and to avoid the drive back and forth. Sleep on Vanessa’s floor after cake and pizza at Phil’s house. Take a picture with Slim – who’s cell phone says “smile bitch” before taking a picture. Jonathon Camp shows up. What a nut. Never really “off”

No comments: